Wednesday, June 15, 2011

16 and What?

Oh my poor baby blog..I never use you anymore, much like my razor blade, curling iron, and hair dryer..and why is that? Oh yeah, cause I have a job, a husband, 3 kids, and and a house to keep somewhat together..which leads me to my next rant..

So I might have bragged several weeks ago about having a cure for teen pregnancy..I think I am on to something, I am just waiting for the MTV producers to get back to me. I'm sure many of you know of the show, "16 and Pregnant," which is running non-stop on MTV and it's affiliates. I admit, I might have some episodes on my DVR. I was very into it when it first began. I really thought they (MTV) was on to something, as far as showing how difficult it is having a baby and actually raising it, or making the decision to give the child up for adoption. That thought quickly faded as the seasons continued..The show now revolves around the drama these young and, for the most part, extremely ignorant, teenagers endure outside of the lives of their children. What was once probably a show to deter the average teenager from getting pregnant, has now turned in to how famous these kids can become if they know how to work it..

Therefore, being the old lady that I am, I have some ideas as to how teenagers could truly benefit from a reality show on MTV. As an ante partum and post partum nurse I feel I have some credentials in this area, and as a chick who has birthed two, and currently attempting to raise three little nuggets. I'm not sure if MTV is just deciding how much money they would like to pay me or if there are a lot of legal things that need to transpire in order for these series to be produced, but whatever, they know how to reach me. Listed below are a few of the episodes/series, that I feel should be shown to the teenage population so that they have a "better understanding" of what life will be/can be like, after having a child...

"16 and possibly incontinent for the rest of my life"

"16 and "Snap! Those food stamps only amount to $50 a month for me and my baby."

"15 and ouch, chapped/blistered nipples hurt worse than nipple piercings."

"17 and Whoa, I didn't know snorting coke would make me deliver a preemie!"

"19 and I'll will be spending the next 18 years staying in every weekend it seems."

Now, these are just a few suggestions I threw out there, but as you can see, the topics are endless. But maybe, just maybe, a teenager, a child, whose really only worry should be what they are going to wear out Saturday night, would possibly realize, pregnancy and raising a child can be beautiful yes, but can definitely wait!!!!!

just a thought ya'll..

No comments:

Post a Comment