Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Church Lady

I recently started a new job, which is cool..However, I never really know how to act in front of new people. Like most people, I tend to act differently in my professional like than in my social life. Although, I'm pretty sure the majority of my nursing co-workers would say I am a straight up nut job all around, but I guess it's only after you get to know me..Back to the new job situation, so I have been on my most "professional" behavior possible, and it makes me die a little bit on the inside every day..yeah, ok, that's an exaggeration, however, it is truly uncomfortable to keep about 80% of my self proclaimed witty thoughts, to myself.

After a week of having ridiculous thoughts bottled up in my head, I tend to slip and forget to put my filter on in, what should be, more conservative situations..example: When sitting with a small group of parents during the Sunday School hour, there are things I should NOT say. Let me preface this by explaining I do NOT do drugs, for real...

other parent at table: "Wow, "Rhonda", is such a great teacher to the kids at Sunday school!"

me: "I know, she is so awesome. She has so much energy." (In my head I kept saying, ok, stop there, that is appropriate, but no, I must defy myself.)..."I almost want to bottle up whatever she is taking and drink it, or smoke it!"

Awkward silence.....prolonged silence.....In which I go grab more animal crackers from the snack table..

Great, so now I am the crack head mom at Church. Sweet...Seriously, I need to be monitored at all times and electrically shocked when stupid things enter my brain...oh well, at least I haven't ruined myself at the new job yet, give it a few days though..I will be sure to alienate and offend just about everyone..look forward to that :-)

1 comment:

  1. At least you didn't say, "snort", "freebase" or "inject" it. Those would all have been much worse.

    ReplyDelete